Sunday, December 4, 2011

ITS A DIAPHRAGM SPASM!




      * HCUP HCUP HCUP HCUP HCUP* Ahh! What's happening to *HCUP* me?! I will *HCUP* look this up. 
       
     SUCCESS! I have found the answer to my illness! I'M HAVING DIAPHRAGM  SPASMS! Otherwise know as hiccups. The diaphragm is the sheet of muscle that separates the chest from the abdomen.We randomly make the hiccup sound when air is stopped by our vocal cords. 

        So, what causes hiccups? Here are some reasons:

Eating too quickley

Being excited or stressed out
Smoking

Drinking a hot drink,like coffee, and then a cold drink, like water.

      *HCUP* Thankfully, hiccups only last a couple of minutes and- wait there's something called... persistent hiccups. That's if they last MORE THAN 48 HOURS! I can't imagine having hiccups for that long! But don't worry. Those type of hiccups only occur if you have and illness like anesthesia.  
        Did I scare you? Getting scared to take away hiccups is just a myth. However, there are other ways to get rid of hiccups too:
  • Drinking cold water quickly
  • Holding your breath for 10 seconds
  • Eating a teaspoon of sugar like this guy
     Here are some fun facts about hiccups: The longest case of hiccups was 6 decades. Hiccup originated from the word hiccough meaning respiratory spasm. Another definition would be sobbing while breathing. 
Everyone gets hiccups! Even Arthur! :)

    Here are some links:
Well, I guess my blog is over. WAIT UNTIL MY FATHER HEARS ABOUT THIS!

1 comment:

  1. HEY kate great job! good pics and info but its not pronounce frag m its fram. haha ohh and ur backround is a little ... special but very u! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete